In Good Company is more than just a gift shop, I am your neighbor, Kait and I created In Good Company out of love for my community and the desire to bring more light to South Boston! I know that the cold weather can be a drag and it can be difficult to take care of yourself (and each other) through the winter so I’ve put together a quick list of things that help me keep those good vibes high :) Enjoy!
- Soak up the sun - instead of reaching for my phone when I wake up, I head over to the window and let that sun shine onto my face! It’s not quite like laying out on the beach, but it’s close :)
- Eat more healthy foods and drink less alcohol - now don’t get me wrong, I frequent the Burgers & Sandwiches section of The Broadway menu but in the winter I am looking for extra energy anywhere I can find it and when I need a boost, I skip the alcohol.
- Make your home your own with the things you love - without a doubt I spend more time in my home from January, February and March so I find it’s the perfect time to do a little nesting. Warming candles, bright decor and cozy blankets leave me feeling good about staying in.
- Surround yourself with people who make you feel good - this goes without saying all year long but especially through the winter. I love planning day dates with my family and texting friends I don’t see as often - a boost or energy for myself and the person I am connecting with.
- Learn or create something new - I consider it the best self care for the mind. When I am leaning something new or being creative without expectations, I allow my mind to be all in on that activity. It’s a great way to turn down the volume on my inner dialogue. My go to activities are making pottery or taking a yoga class.
Take care of yourself and each other and look for more GOOD VIBES events by In Good Company x The Broadway this winter!
I, of course am not a licenced mental health professional so my list is merely me sharing the things that work for me to lift my mood, friend to friend. If you or someone you know is dealing with a mental health issue, we advise you to consult with a professional.